Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hardly In the Halloween Spirit

With Halloween quickly approaching I have totally lost my spirit.  I wish that Halloween had the magical effect that it had on me as a child.  Halloween used to be such an amazing night with all of the luxuries of being a child; staying up late, eating way too much candy and playing dress up. I loved trick or treating more than anything and I'll never forget the nights trading candy with my siblings and friends.  Today, Halloween is a joke.  It is an excuse for girls to look abnormally slutty and wear lingerie with no regard.  I have just lost all appreciation for this night and don't even really want to celebrate.  In my life, every weekend has a different celebration, so when a real holiday comes around, it is supposed to be extra special.  In my mind, it is the same idea as the boy who cried wolf, but with girls and partying.  All major holidays and events become devalued with alcohol.  I love to have a good time but personally, I don't think that every event attended needs to be an excuse to be belligerent. As I have precipitated into my college career I notice how more and more events are based around alcohol.  At this point, I am ready to graduate and move on with my big girl life. That is all for now =).

Precipitated- falling deeply

Devalued- losing value of something

No comments:

Post a Comment