Friday, November 4, 2011

I am a women, So I MUST be absurd.

I've written about being a feminist before- I live by the motto "If he can do it, I can do it WAY better".  I usually prove myself correct.  The only time that I really just give up and ask a guy to do anything for me is when its something icky, like taking out the trash at work, (ew), or when I am too lazy.  Many women taht I know have a fire driven passion which forces them to try to do the "manly" tasks just because they want to prove that we are an equal sex.   I hate when men pay.  I don't know what it is but I really hate when men insist on paying for a dinner or whatever activity is going on.  My ex used "paying power" against me and he would bring this up in fights saying "But I paid for this and bought you this...".  Did I ask for any of that? No.  I don't want to be indebted to any man EVER.  We fell into this trap and the only way that I could find to get out was to break up with him.  In the break up he was concerned about gifts which he had given me and what I would do with them.  I love my diamond necklace and will always treasure it, but these beautiful gifts cannot possibly make up for what the relationship was lacking.  He had a capricious personality and I would give back all of the beautiful presents to have had an amicable break up.  Wow I am so off topic.  Women's rights wasn't supposed to lead to me talking about him.
      Anyway, yesterday when you gave me this congressional article to read I honestly thought that it was a joke.  I have been thinking a lot about this topic lately because of my final project but it really is true.  The strides which women have taken in the last century are phenomenal.  I have mixd feelings about the current women in the running for the presidency but when it comes down to it, A WOMAN can be our president! Less than 100 years ago women couldn't even vote! They were considered "child like" and although they had opinions which they vocalized, women weren't "intelligent" enough to have the privilege of voting.  This makes me sick. Try telling me today that I am not intelligent enough to vote and see how you end up!  Reading this made me proud to be a woman; instead of just taking men's orders and staying in the kitchen, women of the generations before mine took bold steps to gaining equal rights.  They defied to norms and broke all of the rules.  Reckless, fabulous and badass. My kind of woman.  The assiduous work that women did back then is amazing to me now, all I can hope for is that at some point in my life  I can make even a fraction of the difference in the world that women before me did.

Assiduous-  Constant in application or attention.

Capricious-  Impulsive and unpredictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment