Thursday, November 17, 2011

My mess of a brain right now

Soooo throughout the week I usually try to think about what I want to blog about. Sometimes the news inspires me, a class discussion or I just stumble upon something.  My weeks are usually pretty busy but this one seems to be one for the books. I can not complain because I have brought this all upon myself and I choose to live a crazy life.  Relatively speaking, I am ALWAYS stressed out. I always need to put my stress into perspective because none of the things on my to do list are life threatening, even though sometimes I act as if they are.

Maybe its the 16 units, maybe its being a graduating senior in my sorority, or maybe I am just a drama queen.  Everything always seems to be a rush or an emergency. In high school my parents tried to get me away from these habits an in a way they did but being in a college atmosphere seems to bring them all back.  Right now I have a seven page paper, a three pager, finishing my portfolio for 100w and a volunteering shift.  I have to fit this all in this weekend between  2 formals, a football game, and 2 shifts at work.  I guess I can sleep when I'm old?  As much as I wish that I could spend endless hours in the library being a bibliophage, I just can't concentrate enough to live that way.   Living with 50 other women really doesn't help my case, my life is full of attempts to dodge distractions but it doesn't always work.  There are several "seasons" as I like to call them which are more distracting than any other.  For instance, right now is formal season and every weekend in November is consumed with getting ready for various events.  Every year fraternities try to out do each other and have their Pledge Dance at a bigger and better location. Boats, clubs and wineries are hot spots for these dances.  I am going to two this semester and they both fall on the busiest weekend of the year. Of course.

Basically right now I live in a constant state of panic.  I am always concerned about what is due or what test is weeks away and even though I find my self studying constantly, my grades are far from what I would like them to be.  Another problem with my stress is that I constantly become irritated. I find myself seething with anger over the smallest issue and crying over nothing.  I try to live by the expression "Keep calm and Carry on" but this frequently fails me and I freak out anyway.  Hopefully my procrastination and dramatic habits ease with age.  Right now I just want to get through this weekend!

bibliophage- Bookworm
Seethe- To be in an agitated, emotional state.

No comments:

Post a Comment