Thursday, September 22, 2011

As we go on... We remember... all the times we've had together

The title of this blog is from a little song called "Graduation"; being possibly one of the most over played and commercialized songs that I can think of. This song has become an anthem for graduation season, from middle schools& high schools to infinity and beyond.  I love this song and right now it is almost enough to bring tears to my eyes.  The last time that I wore a cap and gown was high school graduation.  As much as I wanted to savor that moment at the time, I am so glad that I have grown beyond it.  Little high school me grew into a largely corrupted college me. I thought that I was so mature at the time and now I look back and cringe thinking how ridiculous everything that I did was.  I may have no regrets about my social life, but if I could restart my academic career from high school again I wouldn't say no. I have learned a million and one life lesson since May of 2008 and I look back with no regrets.

Today, I seem to be thinking about graduation a lot.  College isn't nearly as clear cut as high school where I knew I would graduate in 4 years.  I always figured that in college I'd graduate eventually but I never thought it would be in 4 years.  It is the beginning of year 4 and I am 8 months from matriculation.  SCARY. SO SCARY. OMG.  3 years of studying, revolving my life around sorority involvement and working has gotten me here. SO SCARY.  I now look back with quite a few regrets simultaneously happy with where I am.  When I was growing up I never imagined that post college life would be so terrifying.  I just have to hope that everyone else is as terrified as I am.  Who knows what's going to happen?  I am not applying to graduate school for at least a year, considering that my schedule right now keeps me plenty stressed out.  I don't especially want to add LSAT prep and Law school applications to my weeks.  Diving into the job market right now seems almost less intimidating that law school, getting rejected from a job seems a lot less hard then law school where you are a series of numbers and at this point there isn't much that I can do to change any of them.  I did not always know that I wanted to be a lawyer, in fact, I still don't.  Taking into consideration how no one thinks that this petite little blonde can be a litigator, I want to do it so much more! Just had graduation on the mind today post a Constitutional Law midterm and needed to vent somewhere... more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment